AWS Well-Architected Framework Reviews
How the Review works
On-Demand Webinar - Watch Here
AWS Well-Architected: Build Better Architecture, Better Business
Is Your Infrastructure Well Architected?
- Are you getting the most from your Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment?
- How does your architecture stack up to industry best practices?
- Is your architecture helping you achieve your desired business and technical outcomes, all while optimizing costs?
A well-architected infrastructure can drive better business outcomes like reducing costs or security and compliance risk, improving the reliability of your core systems for better customer experiences, and much more. AWS solutions architects have identified best practices for architecting systems in the cloud based on their many years of experience in designing and reviewing thousands of customers’ architectures on AWS across virtually all business verticals and use cases. The result is the AWS Well-Architected Framework, based on six pillars.
AWS Well-Architected Framework Pillars
- Security – protecting information and systems
- Reliability – meeting business and customer demand by preventing and quickly recovering from failures, based on foundational elements
- Performance Efficiency – using IT and computing resources efficiently
- Operational Excellence – running and monitoring systems to deliver business value and continually improve processes and procedures
- Cost Optimization – avoiding unnecessary costs
- Sustainability — minimizing the environmental impact of running cloud workloads
AWS Well-Architected Framework Review: Making the Framework Actionable
AWS Well-Architected Framework Reviews (WAFRs) use the AWS Well-Architected Framework to provide a consistent approach to evaluate and remediate systems, based on best practices for designing and operating reliable, secure, efficient, operationally excellent, cost-optimized, and sustainable systems for the cloud.
nClouds is an approved AWS Well-Architected Partner and is certified to provide WAFRs. We apply our expertise as one of the leading AWS Well-Architected Partners globally to assess your critical workload running on AWS based on the six Well-Architected Framework pillars, identify high-risk issues (HRIs), and provide you with actionable recommendations to remediate issues and close gaps fast.
While the scope of the WAFR often starts with a focus on a high-priority workload, our experience is that a broader discussion happens. The WAFR evolves into precisely the discussion we want to have with our customers: how modern infrastructure on AWS will give you an advantage in the marketplace, like a better customer experience, faster idea to cash, or scalability.
MontyCloud Day2™ Accelerates AWS Well-Architected Framework Reviews
We use the MontyCloud DAY2™ platform. It’s purpose-built for the AWS Well-Architected Framework to do the following:
- Accelerate and automate the discovery of the target workload’s noncompliance with AWS Well-Architected best practices
- Improve the accuracy of a WAFR
- Help you identify potential cost savings of up to 30% or more
- Quickly locate high-risk security loopholes—lack of MFA, resources in public subnets, etc.
- Enable you to design for better performance and reliability to support your growing business
Benefits of the AWS Well-Architected Framework Review
In our experience, the majority of organizations participating in a Well-Architected Framework Review proceed with recommended remediations. That should tell you the value of the review.
- Get solutions to pressing issues and a prioritized roadmap of remediation goals to provide immediate, quantifiable improvements for cost, security, reliability, operational excellence, and performance efficiency
- Keep current with the awesome volume and velocity of new AWS services, some of which may address your issues immediately, like cost
- Have a broad discussion with your key business and IT stakeholders on how modern infrastructure can give you an advantage in the marketplace—like better customer experience, faster idea to cash, scalability, and more
- Address areas of security and compliance risk before they cause problems
Schedule Your AWS Well-Architected Framework Review
Free AWS Well-Architected Framework Review by nClouds*
$5,000 AWS Service Credit Voucher**
* For qualified organizations
** Applies to qualified projects, i.e., AWS clients who start remediation within 30 days after delivery of the AWS Well-Architected Framework Review and remediate 45% of high-risk issues (HRIs)
How the Review Works
Set a date and time for the review and select a priority workload.
Assume two hours for the review, based on the amount of prework you complete.
Invite attendees to the review.
- A cross-section of your internal stakeholders (think IT and business)
- A member of your team who is involved in the design/provisioning of your infrastructure
- The nClouds team, including an AWS-certified solutions architect
Attend the review.
- The review can be performed remotely.
- Perform deep-dive on a critical workload.
- Audit operations for compliance with the six AWS Well-Architected pillars.
- Perform assessments via Q&A and automation.
- Surface some immediate cost savings by revealing suboptimized or underutilized resources.
Follow up the review.
- recommendations based on business implications of your workload design decisions, and
- a prioritized roadmap of short-, medium-, and long-term goals, based on the core Framework pillars.
As a customer, you can
- decide to implement recommendations and receive up to $5,000 AWS credit, per workload (Actual remediation work performed by nClouds may have associated costs), and
- perform periodic checks on the assessment to improve the score and work on recommendations.
Who’s Benefiting from AWS Well-Architected Framework Reviews
What Customers Say About
AWS Well-Architected Framework Reviews
“As our customers are IoT product manufacturers, it’s critical to have low network latency to enable consistent connectivity of IoT devices. We turned to nClouds for help, and were impressed with their expertise in containerization and security to support these requirements and grow our business.”
Customer Case Studies
Learn how nClouds helps FinTech startup UpEquity build out a well-architected, PCI-compliant, multi-account strategy on AWS. Read the AWS...Read More
Learn how nClouds helps Fischer Identity achieve 32% AWS cost savings with no lock-in flexibility. Read the AWS case...Read More
Learn how nClouds helps FinTech XCLAIM modernize its AWS infrastructure for faster time-to-market, high availability & scalability, enhanced fault...Read More